Please join us – it’s fun and a great learning experience!!
Find your plant! To look up plant inventory and availability check out the newly updated 2018 Native Plant Sales. Search plant lists to pre-order from plant sales in the area, or click the links at the bottom to go right into the growers’ inventories. Or search the zip code locator at the bottom of this page. Complete your shopping list here!
Hello MEMBERS!! Your Jan-Feb Wild Ones Journal is ready for you to view. Simply log in to the Wild Ones members-only section at Wild Ones Website & select “Online Journal.” Use your password. If you need help logging in or you haven’t created your password simply follow the directions in this document. Hint: use your favorite plant as a password! 5 great online magazines a year go to members’ inboxes.
Read a free online book about our native bees. Well illustrated for easy learning! Native Bee Basics
Cornell University tells why native plants are best for birds: Native Plants Help Birds
NATIVE WOODLAND PROPERTY FOR SALE. A small home with newer appliances on 2/3 acre with many long-established native species is available for sale near Lyman Woods at 3730 Sterling Rd. in Downers Grove from one of our members. Downers Grove Home and Lot For Sale
Hear the recent Mike MacDonald and Gerould Wilhelm radio interview about the new Flora of the Chicago Region book: WBEZ Interview with Gerould Wilhelm and Mike MacDonald Hear Mike’s prior interview here: Mike MacDonald WBEZ Interview
- Learn about NATIVE PLANTS enhancing your landscape as they feed nature
- See landscaped native yards at yard tours of our members
- See rare wildflowers on our NATURE WALKS
- Enjoy hearing excellent speaker presentations
- Obtain rare seeds from Northern Illinois native plants at our Seed Exchange
- Receive a monthly Chapter email bulletin
- Read the NATIONAL Journal online magazine
- Enjoy the friendship of 100+ local native plant gardeners at picnics or potluck dinners
- Benefit wildlife and the environment
Your $40 membership is also tax-deductible. We meet throughout the county, and nearby areas. Please Join us!! Join DuPage Wild Ones
WORTH YOUR TIME
An interesting website is Bumblebeewatch
Member Yard Burn on YouTube: Ted Lowe’s Ted Lowe’s 2014 Yard Burn
Our hosted YouTube and You videos worth watching:
- How Wolves Change Rivers: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ysa5OBhXz-Q?feature=player_embedded
- The importance of prairie preservation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl5wzHjzvMk
- Landscaping: Pride, Science & Law: https://www.youtube.com/user/quarryjoy#p/c/C4CD10D20C5701BC
Pollinators and Pesticides is an e-book that discusses neonicotinoids and their effects: Pollinators and Pesticides
An excellent new online resource is the Hebert Small-Scale Rain Garden Guide. It is free and specifies native plants, see pp. 48-49. You may have met Kevin Hebert at one of our workshops.
Native Plant Nurseries: Linked on our own website: Native Plant Nurseries
Drone film of a prairie burn: Our own Kevin Collins participated in this cool video which was filmed from a drone at Bluff Spring Fen in Cook County: Bluff Spring Fen Burn – Drone film