The area around Chicago has more plant biodiversity than any national park with over 1,700 native plant species. If you want to learn about where to see the best wildflower blooms each week then visit the ChicagoNatureNow! website. ChicagoNatureNow! also has great information about native plants, beautiful pictures of these plants so you can learn to identify them, and information about the preserves around Chicago and how to get to them. You can also sign up for their free weekly newsletter to get weekly email alerts to let you know the best places to visit each week.
Best Nature Preserves to See Native Plants in the Chicagoland Area with ChicagoNatureNow!
Leave a Reply
Events: Upcoming Chapter Events
- No events
Upcoming Other Events of Interest
- No events
Get Our e-Newsletter
Click to subscribe to our FREE e‑newsletter. (Membership not required; open to all.)
- Pioneer Cemetery Prairies of Illinois
- Illinois Monarch Action Plan signed into place on September 24, 2020
- Seed Harvest
- New Native Plant Nursery Now Available from One of Our Own Wild Ones Members
- Recording of Nature’s Best Hope webinar by Doug Tallamy hosted by Wild Ones on July 9, 2020
- Garden Tours
- Member Summer Plants
- Wildlife in Member Yards
- Best Nature Preserves to See Native Plants in the Chicagoland Area with ChicagoNatureNow!